Anderson's Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast
& The Crest Cookery School
- Website : www.hillcrestbedandbreakfast.ie
- Website : www.thecrestcateringcompany.com
- Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast accommodation can be found on the Outskirts Of Letterkenny In County Donegal.
- With its commanding Views Of Muckish Mountain and Lough Swilly Hillcrest House B&B is ideal as a touring base for your visit to the North West.
Also available on arrival :
- Irish coffee or baileys coffee €5.00
- Seafood chowder €6.00 per bowl including a selection of breads
- Home made soup and sandwiches €6.00
- Fresh seafood platter,selection of breads €15.00
- Local mussels in Irish whiskey cream. €8.00
- Gaelic sirloin steak,wild mushroom and champ €20.00
- Griddle cooked potato cakes with boiled bacon and mashed turnips €15.00
- All prices are per person , all my food is home made so it is advisable to order when making your reservation, with an approximate arrival time.
- Had a busy day touring? Why not unwind with a glass of wine and a massage from our resident masseuse Donna.
Holistic, Deep Tissue, Indian Head or Aromatherapy Massage available.
all available from the house with prior booking, details and prices available on request.
- Your Host, Award Winning Chef Martin Anderson Invites You To Spend A Little Time In The Heartland Of The County Be It A Mid-Week Stay For Business Or A Long Lazy Weekend Exploring The County, A Night At The Races At Lifford Greyhound Stadium Or Tapping Your Feet To The Beat Of One Of The Many Music Pubs Of The Area.
- With Four En-Suite Master Bed Rooms On The Ground Floor And Dormer Style Rooms On The First Floor Hillcrest Caters For All.
- Martin Offers the Full Irish breakfast (Not for the Faint Hearted) Or Just Bacon and Eggs (For the Faint Hearted). With over 20 years experience as a qualified chef martin also offers dinner in the crest dinning room of the house. (Advanced booking required.)
- Martin is a native of Donegal he qualified as a chef in 1986 from the tourism college in Killbegs, living and working in Paris for a number of years he returned home, fulfilling his ambition to open a B&B.
- Competing in the Moreau and Chablis seafood chef of the year for 2000 martin's dish "swilly sole" received great acclaim and went on to win the competition with five other master chefs.
- He selects only the best of local produce, and bakes the soda bread himself (which any one can help him do if they so wish,) with a vast knowledge of the area Martin boasts the ability of sourcing any dish that the guest may desire and also being able to serve it to them for dinner.
- Hillcrest house looks forward to greeting you at their door and impressing you with their food and service.
- Website : www.hillcresthousebb.com
- At the crest cookery school chef martin Anderson invites you to discover the delights of cooking like a professional , using fresh seasonal ingredients and over twenty years experience martin has created exclusively for the school a repertoire of his famous recipes. with demonstration style classes in martins own professional kitchen each student has the opportunity to see the dishes prepared, cooked and assembled before them and with a tasting session at the end of each class accompanied by a glass of wine, what better way to experience the joys of cooking.
- Chef martin , a native of Donegal began his career at the world famous tourism college Killybegs, graduating in 1986, martin worked his way around Ireland and then on to Paris, France , where he completed his training in the prestigious Four star hotel Lotti , there martin discovered the need to simplify cooking using good quality seasonal ingredients, returning home martin was appointed Sous chef of the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny , then to the position of head chef, where Competing in the Moreau and Chablis seafood chef of the year for 2000 martin's dish "Swilly Sole" received great acclaim and went on to win the competition with five other master chefs. At the invitation of highland radio breakfast D.J. John Breslin, martin began a very popular monthly cookery question and answer programme, purchasing hillcrest house B&B in the winter of 2000, martin decided it was time to meet the public, securing the position of head chef at Galfees Courtyard Restaurant and then as luncheon chef at blacks steakhouse, martin was able to meet and talk to the customers he was cooking for.
- After the publishing and the success of the highland breakfast cookery book co written with John Breslin, martin realised there was a need for a private cookery school in the North West. The crest cookery school was founded in 2005 and promises to pass on martins knowledge of food and his culinary experience’s to the beginner or the well informed cook.
- Website : www.thecrestcookeryschool.com/
| Back To Home Page |
Prop: Martin Anderson
Address: Lurghybrack, Sligo Road, Letterkenny.
Tel: +353 (0)74-9122300
Fax: +353 (0)74-9122300